Our law firm and its lawyers (including partners and associates) are involved in pro bono activities.
Selected pro bono projects:
- Our firm co-operates with the Helsinki Foundation for Human Rights as part of the Strategic Litigation Program, which was launched in 2004 and focuses on a wide field of human rights. Currently at the request of the Helsinki Foundation for Human Rights we are conducting a civil law suit against Allegro in a case concerning offering materials, which may propagate fascism. The case is handled by the firm’s managing partner – advocate Andrzej Tomaszek. Advocate Marcelina Sosnowska-Rudnik is also involved in the project.
- Advocate Zbigniew Drzewiecki is one of the founders of the "Prawo do Pomocy” foundation. "Prawo do Pomocy” foundation is a non-governmental organisation established thanks to co-operation between the founders – representatives of twenty-six law firms, including Drzewiecki, Tomaszek & Partners. The foundation’s mission is helping individuals from the legal environment – lawyers, law students and their relatives – who have found themselves in a difficult life or financial situation, particularly due to illness, disability or other misfortunes.
- Our firm actively supports "Fundacja Między Niebiem a Ziemią”, which aims to help parents and children in a difficult life situation resulting from the development of life threatening illnesses to raise the comfort and standard of their lives. The Foundation also provides legal advice to those who suffered as a result of medical errors and focuses on intensive promotion of pro publico bono legal activities. Legal counsel Anna Gołębiowska as one of twelve women – partners at Polish law firms, participated in a photo shoot for the unique calendar Women of Law 2012. The revenue from the sale of the calendar and other objects donated to the auctions organised by the Foundation was fully Used to help those under its patronage.
- Advocate Tomasz Ludwik Krawczyk is a pro bono basis advisor to a non-public primary school no. 9 STO in Warsaw and to a branch of a registered charity under the name "Społeczne Towarzystwo Oświatowe”, holding it.
- Monika Zielińska, patent attorney and advocate, provides on day to day basis legal advice to individuals professionally involved in modern art. As part of her pro bono activities she also helped with the establishment of the "Obywatelskie Forum Sztuki Współczesnej” association – dedicated to the field of modern art.