Since its establishment, Drzewiecki, Tomaszek & Partners has provided legal assistance in the field of intellectual property law.
We represent clients in copyright law, know-how, trademark, industrial design and patent cases. We advise our clients on how to acquire, protect, dispose of, licence their works and other exclusive rights. Our law firm prepares and reviews necessary documents and agreements on intellectual property drafts transfer, license and technology transfer agreements. We conduct negotiations on behalf of our clients.
We have litigation experience in copyright, trademark, industrial design and patent protection cases. We successfully handle civil cases in this scope. We also provide full legal services in criminal litigations.
We represent clients in cases before the Polish Patent Office, administrative courts, the Office for Harmonization in the Internal Market (OHIM), the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and the European Patent Office (EPO). Thanks to constant co-operation with foreign specialists in the field of intellectual property law we ensure full and efficient advice in registration procedures worldwide.
Our experience includes especially registration of trademarks, industrial designs, utility models and inventions, prolongation of protection, making changes in the registries, acquisition and transfer of rights, litigious proceeding representation before the Office for Harmonization in the Internal Market (OHIM) concerning the cancellation or the declaration of expiration of an exclusive rights.
We co-operate with customs authorities with regard to counteracting the launch of goods breaching exclusive rights of our clients. We offer complex legal services in the scope of issues related to counterfeit goods, including the monitoring of the main Internet auction platforms.
We have experience in representing our clients in matters concerning protection of the Internet domain before the Court of Arbitration in Matters Concerning Internet Domain Names at the Polish Chamber of Information Technology and Telecommunications in Warsaw as well as before the World Intellectual Property Organization Arbitration and Mediation Centre in Geneva.
We also engage in matters concerning personal data and database protection.
In the "Rzeczpospolita” journal ranking, as well as the international Legal 500 ranking and Chambers Global rankings our firm is annually recommended in the field of industrial property law and copyright law.
Notable examples of our services
- Representing a famous producer of FMCG products (household chemistry) in civil litigation cases on prohibiting the marketing of goods deriving from illegal parallel imports.
- Representing press publishers in precedent court proceedings regarding illegal copying of contents (contents of www website) against both natural and legal entities violating financial copyrights of the publishers.
- Representing a famous producer of energizers in precedent civil court cases on rights violation to community abstract colourful trademark.
- Representing the leading producer of toys in civil litigation in the precedent compensation case, where the basis for compensation claims was the retention of goods by the customs office on the basis of Council Regulation EC 1383/2003 concerning the actions of customs bodies against goods suspected of breaching certain intellectual property rights. This was a precedent case before the Polish courts.
- Obtaining the positive sentence of the Supreme Administrative Court for our clients concerning the interpretation of the article 132 par. 2 subpar. 3 of the Industrial Property Law, breaking the previous jurisprudence of the Polish Patent Office.